Monday, December 14, 2015

Rejuvenating Vintage Christmas Baubles

 
 
 
 
Our house is full of vintage Christmas ornaments. The credit goes to my mother in law who kept them all during the years. And of course, they are showing tear and wear of the years gone by, but I haven't had the heart to throw them away. It would be like throwing a part of my (and my husband's) childhood. This year we attempted to vamp up the most affected ones with a little paint and some glitter.
 
Well, who knew glitter could do so much?!
 
 



Our Christmas ornaments, both vintage and new, come into every color imaginable. It is quite a sight - not a circus-y one though,  because we manage to keep it under control. However  Eva wanted this year the tree to be mostly in red and gold, so we indulged her.

Now most of these vintage baubles are used as a centerpiece and some found their way on the tree.





 
 



20 comments:

Divya N said...

yes, Glitter makes everything look better :) you could also use nail polish to add color and gloss, particularly those places that have chipped off

Maya Kuzman said...

As a matter of fact I used transparent nail polish to fix the glitter and vive them that glossy look :)

Julie's Lifestyle said...


What a great idea for the vintage ornaments. I love the way they all look after!!
Thanks Maya for sharing this idea with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The vintage ornaments are so pretty, and I think they get prettier with age. I always try to find them in second hand stores. My daughter wanted the tree in front of her piano to be white and silver. Now, I still have the porch cut tree to decorate. xoxo Su

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie!

Maya Kuzman said...

I am happy we are on the same line Su! Cannot wait to see your porch!

Alhana said...

Nice ornaments! I also have some old baubles stored away but I don't decorate the house anymore for Christmas —too much hassle. Love to see beautiful settings in other houses like yours though. :-)

Maya Kuzman said...

Me too. I love to get inspired. Thank you for stopping by!

Unknown said...

I totally love this idea! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Jessica!

Jeanne said...

Go Glitter! Lovely post.
http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2015/12/poinsettias.html

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Jeanne!

The Crowned Goat said...

I love all of the glittery touches you've added to the vintage ornaments, Maya, they're so pretty. Hugs, CoCo

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much CoCo :)

handmade by amalia said...

Who can resist glitter, especially vintage glitter?
Happy holiday season to you and your family, Maya.
Amalia
xo

Maya Kuzman said...

Happy Holidays to you too Amalia:)

Unknown said...

Such a fun idea. Love the new look to the ornaments!

Anonymous said...

Wow! These ornaments look brand new! What a clever and fun idea to transform your old ornaments into pretty sparkly new ones!!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Emily!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much for stopping by!