Monday, December 21, 2015

Yarn Bow Necklace DIY

 


Happy Monday!
There are four more days until Christmas and if you are still missing ideas for gifts I might have the perfect project for you.

To make the yarn bows necklace you need:
* (leftover) yarn,
* jump rings and a metal chain with lobster clasp as closure.
* sewing needle and thread

 

1-2. Wrap the yarn around your fingers - the thickness depends on the wrapping - the more strands you have - the thicker the bow. Decide on how thick you want it to be.

3. Carefully take it off and tightly wrap it several times at the center of the bow.

4. Leave a long tail, thread a needle, tie a knot and hide it in the bow. Cut off excess tail.

Make as many as you like. For my necklace I made 4 bows.



 
5-6. Insert a jump ring through a couple of strands of one bow and then insert the same ring into another. Close the ring.

7. Attach the other bows as explained above.

8. Add jump rings and the chain at the end bows on each side. And your necklace is done.




Other ideas:
- make bobby pins
- refresh old clothes by adding bows in various ways
- decorate hats / bags
- make a bunting







HAPPY CRAFTING!

19 comments:

Divya N said...

This is so ridiculously cute - esp the bow brooch/clip. I am so wearing it this week :D

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh I am so happy you like them Divya!!!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hello Maya,
What a really cute necklace and the other uses for the bows. Thanks for sharing this with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J! Wishing you a wonderful week and a Merry Christmas. Julie xo

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie! Merry Christmas to you too!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I love the little bobby pins!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh...what a creative idea! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J! Merry Christmas!

Maya Kuzman said...

Me too. They are adorable. I am giving them to a little miss :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Jessica!

Alhana said...

I love this! As I said, they make me think of little skeins and are the perfect gift for a crafter. ♥

Maya Kuzman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
handmade by amalia said...

How sweet, Maya. I'm so glad I found your blog this past year, it's been such a joy getting to know you.
Amalia
xo

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love this necklace! xoxo Su

Maya Kuzman said...

Likewise Amalia!You are a great inspiration!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Su!

middlemountainconstruction said...

This is so adorable! Now I know what to do with all the little scrap bits of yarn that I can't do anything else with :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you :)

homemade@myplace said...

So cool!!!!
thank you, xxxxx Ale

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Ale!

Maya Kuzman said...

I am glad if you do Suzie:)
Thank you!