Monday, August 15, 2016

Dazzling Nature Inspired Jewelry - Agija Rezcova Interview

 




Hello to another beautiful start of the week.
Today I want you to meet an extraordinary Latvian designer, whose creations are gorgeous and awe-inspiring pieces of jewelry. Her name is Agija Rezcova.
.



1. Please introduce yourself for my readers. Who is Agija Rezcova?
  
I'm a very lucky woman, because after searching for along time, I'm in the right place and in peace with myself. I’m happy and grateful for my family and work.

I am a mother. I have 2 sons - the older son will soon be 12, the younger is 10. I met my husband at  17 (I am now 33), but we’ve been married for 9 years.

Sometimes I show the child in myself and then I am  more of a friend to my children – rather than their mom, which has it’s drawbacks. My husband is my land. He is my everything although we are very different in character.

My birthday is in May and my Horoscope sign is Gemini. And I very often feel myself as a Gemini, as if there are two people in me. But not in a bad connotation - it just bothers only me, it's like a mask. Other people don’t feel that when they are around me. I am an introvert. That means that I am always quiet, I love to be alone and work alone.

 I'm a little bit superstitious. I also believe in reincarnation.

I like the autumn, the rain, nostalgia, romance... I'm a dreamer. I can dream with my eyes open. I like to take pictures - my jewelry and nature are my favorite themes.



 
2.  In your introduction on etsy, you mention that you are a self-taught jewelry designer. What challenges did you encounter learning to make jewelry?
Yes, I'm a self-taught jewelry designer. I don't have any art school education or something like that. I haven’t finished any courses about embroidery or jewelry making.
I don't remember any serious challenges. I got to learn the basics as any other beginner, I guess. The most important thing that a beginner needs, I think, is patience to continue what he started as well as imagination  and the technique will follow.




 
3.  You also mention that what happened to be your hobby turned into a full time job? How did the transition go and what/ where was your first appearance as a jewelry designer?

My decision was simple for me - I wanted to work at home, I wanted a job I can do alone and that would be creative. But a job that would also be a sufficient source of income for me and my family.


I did not start with my insect jewelry. No. I tried decoupage, I sewed  umbrellas with laces, small, decorative boxes, hair accessories with fabric flowers etc. and sold it all on fairs, but not as jewelry designer, of course.

And then, one beautiful day the magic happened.
 
 
 

4.   What was the first thing you made and what piece of jewelry / accessory you are most proud of?
My first jewelry were simple earrings.  My best friend started making them and I wanted to try too... And it all fascinated me!
I  am most proud I think, with my Scarab beetle, or any other beetle - I love them all :)


 
5.  In creating your enchanting, ethereal brooches you use natural stones, glass, lace, ribbons, etc. How long does it take to make a brooch from sketch to finish?

 It depends on various factors, first - from inspiration, second - from the complexity.

But on average – it takes about 3 days, including photography, picture selection and processing, item placing in a shop, advertising on social networks.





6.  Can you describe an ordinary day working on your jewelry accessories?

Well, it’s not very detailed. When working on an idea I select the materials and then there are many hours spent embroidering. Doesn’t sound very interesting, but it is!




7.  What part of the process is the most enjoyable? Is there a particular place where you like to work?

 I love to work in my new home studio - there is a very good atmosphere, good light and calmness.

I can't say what part of the process is the most enjoyable... Each part has its own attractiveness, but I very much enjoy the feeling when an idea sprouts and it starts to grow!


 
8.   Your inspiration often comes from the past – 17th & 18th century clothes in particular. Can we expect an extension of your line in that direction?

Oh, I hope so! A while ago I found a very interesting book on the internet - "Godey's Lady's Book" that served as a source of inspiration and I already have some projects in mind. But for now – when it comes to history - I love to listen to historical movies and serials when I am working :)



9.  What do you do in your free time?

Everyday worries and responsibilities, resting with my family, taking pictures. I like to read adventure books, especially when it's raining outside... but I don't have a lot of free time; I'm very busy working what I love the most.
 
 

 
 

 10.  Your plans for the future?

I don't have specific plans for the future, but I have some hopes. Time will show.

 
 
 
Thank you Agija for taking the time to chat with us! I wish you tons of success in the future!
 
If you like to see more of Agija's amazing creations, follow her on the social media given below.

Social Media:
Shop

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest
 YouTube

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So gorgeous pieces, love them.
P.S Would you like to follow each other?
Blog: www.glaringwaves.blogspot.ba
Facebook: www.facebook.com/glaringwaves

Ein Dekoherzal in den Bergen said...

WUNDERSCHÖN und sehr EDEL schaun die SCHMUCKSTÜCKE aus;;;;

WÜNSCHE NOCH einen schönen ABEND
bis bald die BIRGIT aus TIROL

Maya Kuzman said...

Hi Merima!
Thank you for stopping by. I'd love to.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Birgit

Unknown said...

Wow...these are so pretty!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Mrs. R said...

Maya, Agija's jewelry designs are breathtaking! What an excellent interview! I'm still in awe! Thank you for sharing with us at #SimplifyWednesdays!

xo, Carla a.k.a Mrs. R @ SimplifyLifeWithMrsR.com

Maya Kuzman said...

Yes. I am still heavily impressed with her work Carla. Thank you for stopping by!

Michelle L. said...

That was some eye candy! Lovely post!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Michelle! I am glad you like it!